OT: SPAM and this list

Kevin Fisher kgf at golden.net
Sat May 4 03:07:02 UTC 2002

Hi folks:

Just a quick question...has anyone else been receiving a lot of spam
in the past few weeks or so?

I'm just curious...considering Yahoo! has decided to give out subscriber
information, and that this list is mirrored by Yahoo, is there any chance
we've..erm..been "harvested"?  I can't put my finger on an exact date but
my SPAM count has gone up around the time Yahoo decided to start selling
subscriber data.  However, I am subscribed to this list via the
squeakfoundation, not Yahoo...

(My ISP does have quite an effective spam filter...TOO effective, as it
gobbles up squeak-list email messages as well)