Code Growth

Roger Vossler rvossler at qwest.net
Sat May 4 04:28:43 UTC 2002

Hi,

Reviewing my Squeak 2.7, 2.8, 3.0, and 3.2 distributions, I see that
Squeak has
grown from about 384 KLOC (Squeak 2.7 sources + changes) to about 686
KLOC
(Squeak3.2gamma-4827 sources + changes) over a period of about two and a
half years.

If this rate of growth continues, Squeak will be comfortable beyond a
million
lines of code within two years. I understand that one of the original
design
parameters of Squeak was "that things must stay small and simple enough
that
they remain comprehensible and accessible to a single person". Has this
idea been lost in the dust?

Cheers, Roger.....