Stable 3.1beta for Unix

Bert Freudenberg bert at isg.cs.uni-magdeburg.de
Mon May 6 14:08:20 UTC 2002

Hi Ian,

there is an #include <stdlib.h> missing in aio.c:

../src/unix/aio.c: In function `undefinedHandler':
../src/unix/aio.c:134: warning: implicit declaration of function `exit'
make: *** [aio.o] Error 1

Otherwise, it compiles fine here.

>  - mouse wheel works again (wheel scrolls selection, wheel+ctrl scrolls
>    the pane)

Please switch to the old way, that is, the wheel scrolls the pane. This is
how about any application handles the mouse wheel.

>  - buttons are where they should be (with a new option `-swapbtn'
>    which exchanges yellow and blue -- sometimes preferable on
>    two-button mice)

Finally ;-)

>  - modifier mappings are saner (on Apple keyboards they should now be
>    identical to MacOS; for non-Apple keyboards there's a switch
>    `-swapmod' to make life easier in some cases)

Alt-. does not work. Alt-anything does not work. Oh, it works with
-swapmod.  I think the default should be different for non-Apple
platforms.  ("Help..." -> "Command Key Help" states "use with Cmd key on
Mac and Alt key on other platforms")

Running squeak with -fullscreen does not really go to fullscreen here.
Works fine from the menu, though.

When starting an image with an absolute path, the changes file is not
found. Oh, I still have SQUEAK_SECURITY enabled by default. This whole
mechanism is outdated. In the meantime, I implemented the Security Plugin,
see http://swiki.gsug.org/sqfixes/2244.html
Should I back-port it to your 3.1beta, as well as the new browser plugin?
Or should I wait for your SF release?

-- Bert