ObjectiveC

Sean Charles scharles at cartman.co.uk
Mon May 6 12:53:02 UTC 2002

Hi,

I'm currently wading through Objective C code on my Mac and it's killing
me...it's so close to you know what that I'm thinking I'd rather be
Squeaking...so has anybody (I know they have, I read it somewhere a while
ago but I can't remember if it was usable or experimental) got Squeak to
Objective-C translation I could have please?

The sad thing is that if I could just get Balloon3D straight enough in my
head then I wouldn't even bother with Cocoa but I'm 'in a hurry' and I
just don't have the time how to figure it out, it's a shame that there isn'
t any documentation to speak of. I've got some good demos, the racing game
on Windows and the Avatar stuff. Have I overlooked any good work?

On another note, I just downloaded the Cocoa version having just upgraded
to 10.1.4 and it seems a bit flaky. Sometimes I get a BIG black square
where the cursor should be and the event handling seems not to recognise
the mouse or the keyboard.

Thanks in advance.
Sean Charles