SqueakCE does not work properly

Jochen Riekhof jochen at riekhof.de
Mon May 6 16:43:12 UTC 2002

Hi...

I wonder if anybody got SqueakCE to work properly in iPAQ 3630.
I first downloaded the binaries both (GAPI and NON-GAPI) and put them into
Start menu and installed gx.dll in Windows folder. Fine.

Then, I downloaded recommended Kevin Fisher's TinySqueak image.
This one seemed to work at first, but as soon as I try to resize any window
it does not come back from resize mode. I have to reset the iPAQ. This
happens equally with both GAPI and non-GAPI version.

I then tried to shrink a version myself using Squeak3.0-3552 plus
MajorShrinkFor3.0, this one works, but I cannot access the yellow/blue
button menus.
 I now tried to apply the Sumi-san change set to the shrunken image, but
this fails with some error (method not found it was I think).
I can apply the Sumi-san CE change set before shrinking, but in this case
the resulting image does not run at all on iPAQ. The latter ones do work
under Windows-Squeak, however.

Any idea how I can get an image (with CE support for
yellow/blue-button-menues) that works?

Warning: I am a Squeak newbie ;-)

Ciao

...Jochen