Will the real sqUnixSocket.c step forward?

Nevin Pratt nevin at smalltalkpro.com
Mon May 6 23:00:51 UTC 2002

Lex Spoon wrote:

>Lex Spoon <lex at cc.gatech.edu> wrote:
>
>>Alternatively, we could mimick the way READ_NOTIFY and WRITE_NOTIFY
>>get turned on: when the image asks if there is a connection available,
>>then, if there is not, turn on CONN_NOTIFY.  The place to do this would
>>be socketStatus().  Simply turn on CONN_NOTIFY if state==WaitingForConnect.
>>Then all the other places CONN_NOTIFY gets turned on could be eliminated.
>>This is a slight change in how things are done, but it seems simpler
>>and easier to get right on the whole.
>>

>Okay this is done on SF.  Comanche, Celeste, and Scamper seem to work
>okay in quick trials.  Could others try it?
>
>Lex

I just did a VM build on my RedHat 7.1, and my FreeBSD 4.5 Intel.

Aside from the "#define  DOUBLE_WORD_ORDER 1 " hack to sqUnixConfig.h
(because I'm using gcc 3.0.3-- this hack is completely unnecessary under
gcc 2.95.3 used by FreeBSD), everything seems to be in order.

JPEGReadWriter2 seems to work fine on both boxes.
Comanche seems to work fine (no more data dribbles) on both boxes.

I've put this new VM into production driving my web sites.  We'll see if
there are any hiccups.

Nevin