[All][Bug][Fix]: Problems with latest updates

Andreas Raab Andreas.Raab at gmx.de
Wed May 8 13:27:11 UTC 2002

Folks,

If you are running the latest updates you may wish to check for a
particular problem that occured within the latest set of updates. The
problem is that class ResourceCollector might have vanished from your
image without leaving a trace. This is the result of some "overly smart"
cleanup done in order to get rid of various obsolete subclasses. At
least three people checked this individually and nobody found this
particular problem before the update was posted.

* Do I have the problem?
You can find out by simply evaluating
	Smalltalk at: #ResourceCollector.
in a 3.2 or 3.3 image. If this expression raises an error, then you _do_
have the problem. If not, you are - and will stay - fine.

* How can I fix the problem?
There are two ways to fix it. The first one is to simply update. I've
posted updates that should fix the problem in itself. However, these are
not yet in the public update stream.

The second way of fixing the problem is to simply file in the entire
class. I'm attaching a fileout as reference so if you run into any of
those problems, just file it in and everything should be all right.

* Will I be affected by the problem if I update now?
No. I've rewritten the updates on the server so that this problem will
no longer occur. WARNING: The Europian update server needs to
synchronize first before those changes take effect, so you may want to
wait for a day or two before you update from there.

All of us apologize for the inconvenience this may be causing you.

Cheers,
  - Andreas