[BUG] mail out bug report can send bad binary

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Wed May 8 16:29:38 UTC 2002

I just tried to send out a bug report, but my mail server was
rejecting it.

I found that one of the instance variables -- a String containing
binary junk -- contained a LF character, some NUL characters, etc.

I suspect that Celeste should be more careful about what it sends out
to make sure that it's properly encoded for RFC822.

The problem here was that a bare LF was sent, and that non-ASCII
characters (code >127) were also sent.

Both are not expected in an RFC822 mail message.

822bis section 2.3, specifically prohibits all bare LFs.

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com