large files/long names in mac os-9?

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Wed May 8 19:42:54 UTC 2002

Anyone want or need this.

I've a copy of CodeWarrior 7 (now obsolete) lurking here and was
noticing it mostly supports long file names and large files under os
9, os 8.1 onwards actually (HFS+).

However a few bugs lurk and cocersing the macintosh file support code
into support it such that I've execution paths for pre HFS+, HFS+
under OS8.1, and HFS+ via carbon (os-x) isn't a trivial chore, or say
a lunch time task.

So what's the verdict out there for this?

It does mean of course people with pre codewarrior pro 7 would need
to upgrade if you build that type of mac VMs (only affects a few
(2?)).