Stable 3.1beta for Unix

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Thu May 9 00:12:08 UTC 2002

>It's nicce, thanks.  Much faster on my 68k NetBSD system.
>
>cheers
>
>bruce

Bruce I should point out that if you should build a VM with the
jumptableptr sqGNU.h logic turned on for 68K __mc68000__
(see the sqGnu.h header).
I think I specified #define JP_REG asm("a3")

Also build a new VM using vmaker with my changes in the sourceforge
mac vm directory specialchanges to pickup the
CGeneratorEnhancements-ajh.1.cs which produces better code for ppc
and 68k. Don't do a build with global variables, that will happen if
you build the VM using the mac (unless you tweak the vmmaker subclass
for mac building). Mind if you build using VMMaker under NetBSD you
should get the right interp.c since the global structure logic only
happens if you when you build under a mac os-9/os-x VM.

You could always send me a copy of your interp.c to confirm.

also used -o3 -m68040 -m68881 -fomit-frame-pointer