sqSoundCodecPluginBasicPrims.c changes

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Thu May 9 19:15:36 UTC 2002

Due to a compiler bug of all things in sqSoundCodecPluginBasicPrims.c
I'm going to make a small change to declare a variable (or two) as
volatile.

It seems for CodeWarror Pro 5 under compiler optimization for some
instances of k the  "while (k--)" loop unrolling causes some
interesting side effects by over writting executable code. mmm I
could change the code to a for loop, but that requires a bit more
thought and typing.

No one has really noticed this because no one seems to be using the
chat morphic on the mac. Well some people are now, thus the bug fix.

also see
http://kbs.cs.tu-berlin.de/~jutta/toast.html

for notes about the source code source...

This will get rolled into a 3.2.7b4 mac VM. With a new update to date
release of the classic netscape squeakland plugin.