versioning

Avi Bryant avi at beta4.com
Fri May 10 00:38:47 UTC 2002

On Thu, 9 May 2002, Ned Konz wrote:

> On Thursday 09 May 2002 04:39 pm, Avi Bryant wrote:
>
> >  In other words, you use CVS or whatever to manage straight fileOuts
> of
> > your code, and when you need to update your image, you ask CVS for
> > a diff between the revision in your image and the current revision;
> > you can then file this diff in as if it were a change set, and the
> > proper additions, removals, etc, will happen.
>
> Is the order of a fileOut predictable enough for this to happen?

Seems to be.  I'm filing out with a simple method that dumps all of the
classes in a set of system categories (ie, Seaside-*) in superclass order,
and then looks for method categories elsewhere with similar names and
files those out too.  Changes to the class hierarchy might cause some big
diff files, but even so, there's no actual harm in refiling in an
unchanged method.