Squeak in Education

Cees de Groot cg at cdegroot.com
Sun May 12 19:22:02 UTC 2002

Jenn Pierce <pierce_jenn at hotmail.com> said:
>I just recently learned about Squeak during a presentation given by Elliot
>Soloway at the SIGCSE conference.  I've decided to write my final paper on
>Squeak and was wondering if anyone out there could help me out.  What I am
>interested in knowing is how Squeak is used as a teaching school in all
>levels of education.  My main focus is going to be elementary and middle
>school, but I also need some information on the other levels.  If you have
>any information that could help please e-mail me at pierce_jenn at hotmail.com

Your best strategy is probably to hop over to SqueakLand (www.squeakland.org),
subscribe to the mailing list there and scan the mailing list archive you find
over there (it's only a year old). SqueakLand is the place where educators
hang out, over here you'll find mostly boring techies ;-).

Also, there is an issue of SqueakNews (www.squeaknews.com) that has a lot of
information on Squeak-in-education: hands-on experiences from teachers,
background articles from Alan Kay, etcetera. It's the October 2001 issue,
titled "Powerful Ideas in the Classroom", ISSN 1445 5579.

Hth,

Cees

--
Cees de Groot               http://www.cdegroot.com     <cg at cdegroot.com>