versioning

goran.hultgren at bluefish.se goran.hultgren at bluefish.se
Mon May 13 09:39:24 UTC 2002

Avi Bryant <avi at beta4.com> wrote:
> On 10 May 2002, Cees de Groot wrote:
>
> > I don't want to spoil your fun, but since I've started working with StORE
> > (on VisualWorks), I find the other stuff unbearable and I rather just
> > shift changesets around when working with Squeak. Maybe we should beg
> > Cincom for the StORE sources ;-)
>
> Ah, well, I agree that something like StORE is very nice; however, being
> able to integrate with the flat-file world is very useful.  I'll be doing
> some work soon with a company whose work flow is currently very based
> around CVS, and since I'm helping them migrate to Smalltalk, I thought I'd
> see if I could get reasonable integration between Squeak and CVS to ease
> the transition.

Just tell me if you in any way think sqcvs might be interesting - a
little bit more encouragement might make me throw in those hours to get
it working! :-)

As a sidenote: You can subclass CVSWorkingCopy and by implementing 10
(or so) methods you can easily create your own "model" for sqcvs. I have
two of these subclasses working today - CVSStringTree (a model mimicking
a filesystem with nested Dictionaries with Strings as "files") and
CVSFileSystem (or something like that - this is the "normal" subclass to
use if you want to work with files).

regards, Göran