syntax across languages

Hannes Hirzel hannes.hirzel.squeaklist at bluewin.ch
Mon May 13 17:15:53 UTC 2002

Pixel <pixel at mandrakesoft.com> wrote:
> hi,
>
> i'm trying to collect the various syntax in different languages.
> i've adding as many smalltalk constructs as i could find.
>
> i'm not quite sure if a "Squeak" language should be added and which
> entries are more Squeak extension than Smalltalk.
>
> so if someone could:
> - check the smalltalk entries
> - add the few missing entries,
> - tell me if some (and which one) are Squeak extensions
>   (eg: is sequence "!" or "."?)
> i'd be a happy programming languages geek :)
>
> http://merd.net/pixel/language-study/syntax-across-languages.html
> http://merd.net/pixel/language-study/syntax-across-languages-per-language/Smalltalk.html

I like the setup of your language comparison. At a first glance I didn't
see anything wrong with the Smalltalk entry.

A Squeak extension is probably using { } for an array of literals.

A question: Is the whole sub-website
http://merd.net/pixel/language-study/index.html
under GFDL or
just the presentation on