Unix VM still coughing sockets...

goran.hultgren at bluefish.se goran.hultgren at bluefish.se
Tue May 14 12:51:23 UTC 2002

I am alternating between different Unix VMs to see which one works for
me currently regarding our heavy-duty Socket stuff.

Ian and John - you guys have been doing a great job in the Unix VM
Socket area and I thought that Ian's latest 3.1beta source tree would
take away all my problems and bring me to Socket nirvana. But not so
yet... ;-)

I still end up sometimes with Processes in #waitForDataUntil: running
wild on me and chewing up all the CPU. I attached a silly GIF to show
you that I am not hallucinating. (the reason for so many of them is that
the CPU watcher suspends the naughty guy and asks me what to do and then
another one pops up - I guess it is Comanche doing it)

I will try to pack it up as a repeatable thing but just so that you all
know - the "Socket saga", as Ian so eloquently put it, does not seem to
be over just yet.

Note for the pervertedly interested: I have Ian's 4478 tree with one of
his intermediate patches in it and that VM does seem better - I will
report more later.

regards, Göran