Zurgle 1.0a

Stephan B. Wessels swessels at one.net
Tue May 14 18:39:45 UTC 2002

On 5/14/02 1:23 PM, "Bijan Parsia" <bparsia at email.unc.edu> wrote:

> On Tue, 14 May 2002, Jim Benson wrote:
>
>> Steve,
>>
>> I think it's more important that they ship 3.2 now. We haven't had a new
>> version of Squeak out the door in a couple of years.
> [snip]
>
> And, of cource, once a stable 3.2 is out, and the wait for 3.3 (a long
> one) begins, there's nothing stopping us all from making "value
> added builds" (both by adding stuff and taking away things).
>
> Cheers,
> Bijan Parsia.

Yep.

I think modules should be called 4.0 unless we really believe it will be
ready to replace 3.2 in just a few months.  The litmus test would be if Alan
thought he could/would run his full demo on 3.3 then I'd say it's ready.
'Course I do not know if the demo is running on 3.2 for that matter.

 - Steve