screen size (was: processors and FP)

Aaron J Reichow reic0024 at d.umn.edu
Wed May 15 23:11:05 UTC 2002

On Wed, 15 May 2002, Jecel Assumpcao Jr wrote:

> On Wednesday 15 May 2002 17:54, Bijan Parsia wrote:
> > Yes! Paperback book size (with thin border) would be fine. Still
> > prolly need to be 100dpi. If grayscale is necessary for decent
> > battery life, fine.
>
> This sounds like a 640x480 6.4 inch screen (125 dpi). I happen to have
> one of those right here and it is dying to go into a prototype. Too bad
> screens this size are much thicker and heavier than ones 10.4 inches
> and larger.

And I'm dying to buy one, provided it runs Squeak or Self! :)

> Ok, just tell me what you need in terms of sound, keyboard and any
> other detail you can think of and I will see what I can do. First I
> have to finish a project I was paid last year to do, of course, but
> I'll get around to it. You can rest assured that I pay no attention to
> mobs (not even Steve Jobs can say that these days....).

Wow, how much?

Sound: If possible, 44.1+ KHz stereosound, for playing MP3s.
Keyboard: Some way to hook up an external keyboard, perhaps USB, PS/@ or
serial.
Other: Dual PCMCIA or CF - to add ethernet or a memory card

Size isn't a big deal to me- as long as it's open enough such that I've
control over my own software destiny...

I suppose that would by my perfect PDA.

Regards,
Aaron

  Aaron Reichow  ::  UMD ACM Pres  ::  http://www.d.umn.edu/~reic0024/
  "if i don't stay true to live and hate, how do i differentiate
              between chasing cream and chasing dreams"  :: atmosphere