[HACK] Zurgle Frame Colors

Bert Freudenberg bert at isg.cs.uni-magdeburg.de
Fri May 17 08:27:55 UTC 2002

On Thu, 16 May 2002, Jim Benson wrote:

> Bert,
>

> > > There are a couple of ways to do what you describe.. Number one is to
> take
> > > the bitmaps, figure out the wanted color saturations that you are trying
> > > achieve, and apply an algorithmic color change when instantiating a
> window.
> > > This is a little challenging, but probably wouldn't be too bad code
> wise.
> >
> > Pah, challenging ;-)
> >

> I meant to mere mortals, not guys like you :-) Thanks for the code.

Thank *you* for the hard work on theming. That's exactly what I made the
EdgeImageMorph for, 2 years ago. Anybody remember Fur or Steve's skins?
http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/1114 :-)

Now that that's done, some "mere mortal" (I like that term ;-)) should go
add some preferences. For example, I'd like to have colored window frames
but white pane backgrounds.

Another nice project would be a parser/converter for some bitmapped window
manager themes so we can all those themes out there.

-- Bert