Help with libmpeg3 updates

Jason Dufair jase at dufair.org
Fri May 17 14:53:17 UTC 2002

Hello all -

As some of you may know, I've been tinkering with the libmpeg3 plugin/vm
source to teach it to play nice with id3v2 tags.  I've managed to patch
the libmpeg3 source (mpeg3io.c and mpeg3io.h) in a way that, when I
compile the lib (on Windows, currently) and link it in with "udump" or
"testaudio" to test it, it behaves nicely and gives me the right number
of samples and sample rate and length, etc.  When I build the whole VM,
though, and try to play it with MPEGFile, it reports 0 samples still and
gives me a walkback.

Can someone give me a clue as to how to proceed?  I poked around in
Mpeg3Plugin.c/.h and also in changesForSqueak.c/.h and didn't find
anything that should cause this to happen.  I've tried to attach to
Squeak.exe with gdb and am having trouble, due to my general lack of
experience with gdb.  If anyone has a suggestion that can point me in
the right direction, I'd be thrilled.  Thanks a lot.

Jason Dufair - jase at dufair.org
http://www.dufair.org/
"Traveler on the bridge
Awakens to find