newbie: celeste & requestPassword, update from server

Andreas Gerdes squeak at skalarsoft.com
Fri May 17 14:57:15 UTC 2002

Hi, if I do not change the FillInTheBlank requestQuery method to perform a simple request only, ANY
character in ANY window, project, menu... changes to '*' the very moment, when the FillIn pops up! It
happens in Celeste and once even while browsing with scamper.
If I do not quit without saving, then, this remains. This was true running version 3.0 (Win98) and after
updating to 3.2alpha it's the same again.

I am not expert enough to understand what happens (in fact, I am a Delphi programmer, completely
new to, overwhelmed by and enthusiastic about Squeak)

Two other questions: at some point of the updating process, I was warned: any 3D rendering would
show up black, until a new VM would be released. I accepted, though hoping that mine IS the new
VM... which it isn't. Am I guessing right, that it's possible to kick out all changes to the 3D machine
with the change sorter?

by a more "modern class". How should I proceed? Any chance to load such a project?

One last thing: My smtp server requires authentication, Celeste doesn't seem to understand this?

Thanks for any help
Andreas Gerdes,
Cologne, Germany