[ENH] UnloadingDemos

danielv at netvision.net.il danielv at netvision.net.il
Sat May 18 16:22:01 UTC 2002

I thought I'd pick on something easy next, and unload something which is
obviously useless to most of the image (if not to Squeak the meme ;-).

Most of the issues were easily resolved, as a few classes turned out to
be parts of other things, so I moved them to rejoin their families.

Three sticky points remain that I'd appreciate advice on:
* FreeCell is used by SystemDictionary>>macroBenchmarks. I moved the
macroBenchmarks methods into their own class and into a new module
called #(Squeak Technology Benchmarks). Are there more benchmarks that
should be there?
* Component is referenced by Morph>>choosePartName, in an icky
#isKindOf: way. Anybody know the proper way to break this incestously
looping link?
* What's that ZoomAndScroll stuff? should it go with books, or does it
deserve it's own module?

The included changeset moves Benchmarks into their own module.

File in CarefulModules, then MovingClasses (both tiny changesets with
utilities I mailed in recently), then run the script appended below.

Daniel

MonthMorph moveTo: Module @ #(Squeak Morphic Applications PDA).
WeekMorph moveTo: Module @ #(Squeak Morphic Applications PDA).

ZoomAndScrollControllerMorph  moveTo: Module @ #(Squeak Morphic
Applications Books) .
ZoomAndScrollMorph moveTo: Module @ #(Squeak Morphic Applications
Books).
ZASMScriptMorph moveTo: Module @ #(Squeak Morphic Applications Books).
ZASMCameraMarkMorph moveTo: Module @ #(Squeak Morphic Applications
Books).
ZASMStepsMorph moveTo: Module @ #(Squeak Morphic Applications Books).

SoundEventMorph moveTo: Module @ #(Squeak Media Sound Interface).

Module fromPath: #(Squeak Media Movies Squeak) forceCreate: true
MoviePlayerMorph moveTo: Module @ #(Squeak Media Movies Squeak).
MovieClipStartMorph  moveTo: Module @ #(Squeak Media Movies Squeak).
MovieClipEndMorph moveTo: Module @ #(Squeak Media Movies Squeak).
MovieFrameSyncMorph moveTo: Module @ #(Squeak Media Movies Squeak).