newbie needs help

Avi Bryant avi at beta4.com
Mon May 20 19:17:56 UTC 2002

On Mon, 20 May 2002, Rob Whitfield wrote:

> I've been playing with Comanche.  Real cool.  I've modified a few simple
> demos but I'm having trouble getting the turtle demo to work - the demo is
> documented at http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/swiki/7
>
> When I submit the form I get "Cannot find server or DNS Error". Do you know
> any other good Comanche demos for processing a form submission?

Rob, if you're building web apps, I might as well plug Seaside:
http://beta4.com/seaside .  It uses Comanche underneath (or can, anyway),
but does a lot more for you - more at the level of WebObjects or, say,
Zope (although, naturally, much cooler than either ;-).

There are a couple of tutorials to get you started, and a mailing list
and swiki for the rest.

Cheers,
Avi