[Modules][Fix] Reloading VMConstruction + others

Nathanael Schärli n.schaerli at gmx.net
Tue May 21 17:03:04 UTC 2002

Henirk, Daniel,

> > It seems to have outside references (GeniePlugin is referenced by
> > CRRecognizer>>checkPluginVersion, for example, which has no
> senders,
> > CRRecognizer>>so
> > it could be removed...).

Well, this method is usually just invoked from the workspace in order to
check the plugin version. Therefore, it shouldn't be deleted :)

> Duh, I forgot to check the last step. But it seems that
> method is wrong anyway. It should ask the Vm for the plugin
> version, not the class with the plugin source code? As it is
> it only checks that the slang source is of the right version,
> not the actual plugin in the vm?

No, I think that the method does check the version of the actual plugin.
In CRRecognizer>>checkPluginVersion, it says:

pluginMajor _ GeniePlugin majorNO.

GeniePlugin class>>majorNo calls "self versionNo" and GeniePlugin
class>>versionNo calls the primitive that requests the VM plugin
version.

Nathanael