Examples of MVC Apps?

Hans-Martin Mosner hmm at heeg.de
Wed May 22 08:47:46 UTC 2002

Andreas Raab wrote:
>>Anyway, I too would like some lightweight UI framework (as
>>fast as MVC, but with all kinds of nifty things) and I've
>>thought about it a little, but there's nothing usable yet.
>>What I envision is a multi-threaded UI (so that windows may
>>have their own threads), clipping regions for BitBlt to allow
>>for drawing in patrially obscured windows, and a strange
>>mixture of Morphic and the VisualWorks VisualPart hierarchy.
>>I do have the clipping region code somewhere, and I do have
>>some part hierarchy code, too, but I'm nowhere near a complete
>>thing.
>

> Do you mind posting the clipping code?! I'd be very interested in this.

I've not been able to find it quickly (must have displaced it somewhere
with that beautiful proof for which the book margin was too small :-)
I guess it might be on my notebook. Will look later today.
Anyway, it was not a complete solution but mostly a proof of concept
to test how fast rectangle lists for clipping regions on the BitBlt
level could be when done completely in Smalltalk. It was pretty fast...
Of course, doing the same in the BitBlt primitive would be much better...

Cheers,
Hans-Martin