VM to run on AudioVox Maestro

Ohshima, Yoshiki Yoshiki.Ohshima at disney.com
Thu May 23 04:08:09 UTC 2002

  Russell,

> This is a bit unrelated, but do you know what is wrong with the GAPI
> version for the iPaq 3800 series?  The noGAPI version works fine, but
> cannot go into full screen mode :(
>
> Is there something I should be adding to my iPaq to make it work?  There
> appears to be a 'gx.dll' already present in the Windows directory.

  About two month ago, while I was sleeping something like
12 hours in a row, Andreas (Raab) just figured out that
GXOpenDispley() API call on 38xx breaks a potion of Squeak
heap.  A quick web search told me that the problem around
GAPI on 38xx is a known problem.

  If you can live with less than 7MB Squeak heap, you can
re-compile the VM so that the Squeak heap and the GAPI
memory area don't overlap each other.  It would makse sense
to put a slider or something on the initial screen so that
we can specify the heap size manually.

  Unfortunately, I don't know any "real" solution.

-- Yoshiki