[Modules] Who's afraid of making modules?

Göran Hultgren goran.hultgren at bluefish.se
Thu May 23 07:05:36 UTC 2002

Hi all!

Quoting danielv at netvision.net.il:
> I second that.
> Maybe "imports" or "importedModules" instead of "prerequisites", to get
> a connection to "exports".

The class comment in Module says:

"All "neighbor modules"--external modules, submodules, module parameters, delta
modules--are held in an OrderedCollection to strictly define the order of lookup
for names defined outside this module."

IIRC Henrik felt that "prerequisites" might make people miss that this actually
includes for example submodules and module parameters (which are pretty cool but
I am not sure they are used - I voted for renaming that to "parameter modules" btw).

The "odd naming" is there for a reason I think - not that we can't change it of
course! :-)

regards, Göran

PS. Good job Daniel, I am stuck in other stuff right now but I will hopefully
join in the fray later, especially with SqueakMap - but I follow your progress
with interest! :-) DS