[Q][NEWBIE]mp3 and other issues

Lic. Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar
Thu May 23 01:39:32 UTC 2002

I try to aded sound effects to our game in progress (TEG clone of Risk)
I record old series ³Combat¹ from TV with SoundJam on my Mac and do some
cutting with mEdit b 1.03 and found this problems.
Cuttiings mp3 not playing in Squeak (original recording yes)
Other software on  Mac working fine.
Also , I keep auxiliary  files in a folder (.gif, .jpg, etc) for accessing .
I set the folder once at start and later if I wish use any of them only set
the name of file ej, filexxx.gif.
This is not the case with mp3 files, seems the only method is tell the
complete path to StreamingMP3Sound onFileNamed: path.
I appreciate any advice to this problems
Edgar De Cleene