[BUG] Can't write files with Squeak 3.2.7Beta5 on MacOS X 10.1.2

Andrew P. Black black at cse.ogi.edu
Fri May 24 00:20:19 UTC 2002

At 17:08 -0700 05/22/2002, John M McIntosh wrote:

>having a repeatable test case would be nice.

Please try the attached SUnit tests.  When I run them on Squeak
3.2.7Beta5 they fail, but on Squeak 3.0Alpha21MTCarbon they pass.
This is using the same image in both cases.

Please let me know if you can reproduce this error.

What I think is going on is that once an attempt to open a file for
reading has failed (e.g., because the file is not there), then all
subsequent attempts to create new files for writing will fail.

The only slightly unusual thing about my setup is that the current
directory has  the Macintosh option-f (folder) character (asciiValue
196) as the final character of its name.   However, this character
has never caused a problem previously.

	Andrew