Examples of MVC Apps?

Hans-Martin Mosner hmm at heeg.de
Fri May 24 19:00:21 UTC 2002

Andreas Raab wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > I've not been able to find it quickly (must have displaced it
> > somewhere with that beautiful proof for which the book margin
> > was too small :-) I guess it might be on my notebook. Will look
> > later today. Anyway, it was not a complete solution but mostly a
> > proof of concept to test how fast rectangle lists for clipping
> > regions on the BitBlt level could be when done completely in
> Smalltalk.
>
> That's what I'm interested in, too. Benchmarking the morphic redraw
> cycle shows that there should be significant improvements possible by
> keeping a list of invalidated regions in the canvas around. I was
> suspecting that this may be in the range of 10-20+% but I never had the
> time to get into it.

Here's the code. It's about a year old, and contains some incomplete
classes for a tiny morphic system I had in mind at the time. I thought I
had the clip list implemented as a list of stripes, but it's just a
rectangle list. Performance seems ok anyway. The classes of interest are
TMClipList (with 2 example methods) and TMDrawContext. Run in MVC, as the
examples use ScheduledControllers to run on the screen background behind
windows.

Cheers,
Hans-Martin