Problems running Squeak

Caitlin Bovee gte049l at prism.gatech.edu
Fri May 24 19:47:01 UTC 2002

I am running Squeak 3.2 on a Dell Inspiron 4000 laptop with Windows ME and
linux. Every time I load an image (doesn't matter which version) in Windows,
the computer emmits a high pitched squealing noise. This noise seems to come
from the area where the graphics card is located. So far, I have changed the
resolution, color depth, and installed new drivers. None of these have changed
the noise. Is there anything in Squeak which would cause this kind of problem
in Windows? I also have a version in Linux and it doesn't make this noise... it
just hates my mouse:) I would really like to get this working in windows, so if
anyone has any ideas, let me know.

Thanks,
Caitlin Bovee