morphic slowdown

Torge Husfeldt jean-jacques.gelee at gmx.de
Mon May 27 09:07:11 UTC 2002

Errr, Avi?!

Just one simple question: Do you happen to hav more PackagePaneBrowsers
active in the image that shows the slowliness? I mean some of the sort
that poll for SystemOrganizaion and ClassPrganization changes every
seecond and recompute everything based on the new list
_even_if_they_didn't_change_?
I happen to use Morphic on my K6-II/350 (linux) and since I've done the
little tweaking found in the attached file I'm quite happy with the
responsiveness. OK, changing classes in browsers is somewhat slow but at
least my windows come up swiftly and i don't have to wait half a second
for the scrollbars to appear...

Hope this helps,
Torge