[VM] Linking and external libs

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Thu May 30 23:04:47 UTC 2002

"Stephen Pair" <spair at advantive.com> is claimed by the authorities to have written:

> I want to create a plugin that links against an external library using
> the existing VMMaker/make scheme.  Does the existing configure/make
> system allow for this?
This is (unfortunately) completely machine/OS dependant.

On systems where a script of some sort can produce an actual makefile I
think you might be able to get close to 'automagic' if it were possible
to put links to the desired external libs/includes/whatever into the
appropriate places in the code tree. Said script could then find them
and do the right thing(s)

For those of us with less intelligent machines I suppose we jsut have to
manually edit :-(

tim

The theoreticians have proven that this is unsolvable, but there's three of us, and we're smart...