Best way to wrap fairly short text?

Ross Boylan RossBoylan at stanfordalumni.org
Fri Nov 1 09:30:17 UTC 2002

I am using StringMorph (actually a subclass) to show what are usually
brief titles for items.  The problem is that sometimes they are not
quite that brief, and they exceed the width of the container they are
in.

In this case I want the text to wrap around, with the morph growing
vertically.  I'm not sure if I prefer the wrap to break on spaces or
not.  Conceivably there might not be enough spaces for good breaks.

Is there a way to get the StringMorph to do this? (Not that I see;
there is a clipping option common to all Morphs, but I want to retain
the text and wrap it).  If not, what is the most appropriate
replacement?

TextMorph looks as if it can do this stuff, but it seems pretty heavy
weight, and its ability to do more than plain text could be a headache
for my app.

Finally, the Morph actually needs to be a view on an underlying data
model, and adapting TextMorph to behave that way might be delicate.

Thanks for any pointers.