[ENH] Image Browser: for browsing code in the other .image file

Yoshiki.Ohshima at acm.org Yoshiki.Ohshima at acm.org
Fri Nov 1 19:24:52 UTC 2002

  PhiHo,

> >   I actually hadn't tried^^;, but you can load 2.x image onto 3.x
> > image, once you change the #openSourceFilesForImage method, right?
>
>     I can load 2.8 image without changing the #openSourceFilesForImage
> method.
>
>     Only when I add class, then there is a problem.
>     Please find attached log file.

  Thas is exactly why you have to modifiy
#openSourceFilesForImage. The source code for a same method may be in
differerent file offset in V2.sources and V3.source and if the system
trys to extract the source code for V2 method from V3 source, it is
screwed.

> >   To load 3.x image onto 2.x image, which sounds more useful than the
> > opposide, requires some tweak.
>
>     An image editor is even more useful ;-)

  We call such editor as InterpreterSimulator.  So, we already have
it:-)

-- Yoshiki