[ENH] Image Browser: for browsing code in the other .image file

Yoshiki Ohshima fwjg7834 at mb.infoweb.ne.jp
Fri Nov 1 18:02:12 UTC 2002

  Hello,

> > >     I guess this tool only works on image of the same version and with a
> > > change set only.
> >
> >   No, no, there is nothing that depends on specifically 3.2 or even
> > 3.x, except a line in #openSourceFilesForImage: which specifies the
> > .sources file name.  As long as corresponding .changes exists, it
> > should be possible to load V2 image onto V3 and vice versa.
>
>     I have quite a few of 1.x and 2.x and 3.x images on my machines
>     (with full source and changes files) only the 3.x work as
>     expected.

  I actually hadn't tried^^;, but you can load 2.x image onto 3.x
image, once you change the #openSourceFilesForImage method, right?

  To load 3.x image onto 2.x image, which sounds more useful than the
opposide, requires some tweak.

  The best approach would be to add a flag that tells which version
(loaded image or loading image) should be treated as the "base" one
and which is "new".  Then we wouldn't have to worry about making
different versions of ImageBrowsers or back porting
FileContentsBrowser to the older images.

-- Yoshiki

> PS:
> > P.S.
> >   PhiHo, if you are going to reply my email, please include the
> > entire part of this message.  I still have a suspision that this one
> > won't go through the normal channel.  Thank you,
>
>     I received only 1 copy of your mail,
>     so assumingly it did not get to the list.

  I'm sending this with my ISP account's From: line to see if the
From: line is all that matters...  Thank you for all of your helps,