DNS lookup problems in HTTP

Lex Spoon lex at cc.gatech.edu
Sat Nov 2 19:48:38 UTC 2002

The method retry:asking:ifGiveUp:  has been modified to run from a
background thread -- but it seems to now *assume* it is running from a
background thread!  Instead of "sema wait", it needs to do something
like "WorldState runWaitingOnSema: sema" or "WorldState runUntil: [ sema
isSignaled]".  Are there methods of this kind in WorldState?!

-Lex

PS -- kudos for whoever added #addDeferredUIMessage: !  This ability is
needed when there is threaded code.  On the other hand, I don't get why
it's called what it is....

PPS -- I've long argued that we shouldn't ask the user in this case.
What do we expect them to do?!  It seems better to just give up if the
name lookup fails...