[ANN] Spaghetti Tracer (0.4)

PhiHo Hoang phiho.hoang at rogers.com
Mon Nov 4 06:20:47 UTC 2002

Thanks, Daniel. I went through all the examples now without a problem.

I looked at the samples, and tried to answer my question:

    'If I want to have an image with just two objects Metaclass and
ProtoObject,
    what other objects are also needed to build a self sufficient community'

So far I have not yet found what I am looking for.

Please find appended the exercises I did.

Any pointers to how to get at the answer is very much appreciated.

Cheers,

PhiHo.

Excercises:

graph := CodeGraphCreator graphForClassesAndExtensions: Smalltalk allClasses
a GraphAdapter.

1/-
CodeAnalyzer referencePathBetweenClass: Metaclass andClass: ProtoObject in:
graph

result set :
 an OrderedCollection(a MethodReference Metaclass >> allInstances a
MethodReference Array >> asSingleton a MethodReference Singleton >>
superclass)

2/-
CodeAnalyzer referencePathBetweenClass: ProtoObject andClass:  Metaclass in:
graph

result set :
an OrderedCollection(a MethodReference ProtoObject >> ifNotNil: a
MethodReference Array >> objectForDataStream: a MethodReference DiskProxy >>
comeFullyUpOnReload: a MethodReference DataStream class >> initialize)

3/-
GraphAnalyzer new shortestPathFrom: {#ProtoObject} to: {#Metaclass}  in:
graph

result set :
#(#ProtoObject #Array #DiskProxy #DataStream #Metaclass)

4/-
GraphAnalyzer new shortestPathFrom:{#Metaclass} to:  {#ProtoObject}  in:
graph

result set :
#(#Metaclass #ClassBuilder #Object #ProtoObject)

5/- How do I do something like 4/- for 'Metaclass class' and 'ProtoObject
class' ?
    Syntactically, how do I specify 'Metaclass class' and 'ProtoObject
class'
    in place of 'Metaclass' and 'ProtoObject', respectively.