Minimal images [was: Re: [ANN] Spaghetti Tracer (0.4)]

Dan Ingalls Dan at SqueakLand.org
Tue Nov 5 10:27:05 UTC 2002

>Whoa! No, I don't remember it. Did you do anything specifically to get
>down to that size e.g., removing #allUnsentMessages or so?! Part of the
>extra size might be due to stuff like exception handling but it's pretty
>surprising that you were able to get to this size *including* the
>graphics stuff. How'd you get fonts, character scanners, bitblt, form,
>color, point rectangle and the whole enchilada into that size???

I've forgotten the details, and the easiest thing to do is to fire up the image, but I need to find the right VM.  I'll store the image out somewhere tomorrow with a VM that works (I'm too sleepy now).  Then it's easy to paw around inside.  I have the scripts I used somewhere, too.  Yes, you can be sure I removed allUnsentMessages.  Frequently ;-).

	- Dan