Squeak License ( Re Fonts, 100% free )

Norton, Chris chrisn at Kronos.com
Thu Nov 7 23:30:36 UTC 2002

Hi Daniel & co,

I think you may want to review all of the "fine print" first.  Here's what I
found on astrophoniclab's site:

"The fonts on this site are freeware and can be used as they are in any
context without permission from Apostrophic Laboratories, except to produce
material that is racist, criminal and/or illegal in nature. It is prohibited
to modify any Apostrophic Laboratories font(s) for repackaging and/or
re-release without an express written authorization by the designer(s) of
the font(s) or Apostrophic Laboratories. Under no circumstance shall any
Apostrophic Laboratories design or font design be sold or purchased. Email
info at apostrophiclab.com if you want more information."

As far as I know, the first thing you'll want to do with any new Squeak font
is add the return and assignment characters to the set, thus modifying them.
Subsequent to that, people will likely want to sell apps made with Squeak
that include the fonts.

But... I am not a laywer, so please don't take my word for it.

Cheers,

---==> Chris