Croquet speed

Bert Freudenberg bert at isg.cs.uni-magdeburg.de
Fri Nov 8 21:15:54 UTC 2002

On Fri, 8 Nov 2002, Joshua D Boyd wrote:

> I just dropped it on a dual 2.4GHz Xeon machine with a gig of dual
> channel RDRAM (I'm not sure what that means, I just use the machine,
> didn't research and buy it) with a Quadro4 700XGL video card, and
> Croquet feels rather slow and sluggish.  I didn't see anyway to turn on
> a FPS counter

It's in the red halo menu.

And, of course, FRAPS is the canonical tool for this (www.fraps.com).

> but subjectively I'd say it was running between 12 and 18
> frames per second.  Does that sound at all normal to other peoples
> expectations?  This machine is running Windows 2000 Professional.

Celeron 400 MHz, GeForce 2 MX: about 4 to 11 fps in the main world,
depending on how many objects are in view. The actual number of polygons
does not matter - even subdividing the pyramid to level 6 does not change
the numbers at all.

-- Bert