Croquet on Linux

Bert Freudenberg bert at isg.cs.uni-magdeburg.de
Fri Nov 8 22:44:48 UTC 2002

On Fri, 8 Nov 2002, Serge Stinckwich wrote:

> On Fri, 8 Nov 2002 20:40:47 +0100 (CET)
> Bert Freudenberg <bert at isg.cs.uni-magdeburg.de> wrote:
>
> > Fire up the Croquet image again, this time using the new VM. My
> > teasqueak-3.2-5 script does this, too. File in the two change sets. One
> > installs the OpenGL bindings (via FFI), one adds support for
> > non-case-sensitive file operations. You need to enable these in the
> > Preferences panel, "general" category, "caseInsensitiveFileNames". Save
> > the image.
>
> You didn't need to file in the OpenGL bindings before regenerating the VM ?

No, but it doesn't hurt either way.

> > Before I forget: Rename Content/Mars/ to Content/mars/. Directory name
> > handling is not yet case insensitive.
>
> I need to rename all the directories inside Content ?

I think it was only the "mars" directory.

> I follow all what you say and i have a tea-squeak VM binaries linked to
> libffi (version 2) and libGL with all plugins internally generated, but
> still have the same error as before. Maybe it's a problem with my 3D
> card, because the Squeak3D.log says : OpenGL initialization failed No
> OpenGL visual found!

Oh, that's a problem. You absolutely need hardware OpenGL acceleration.
To check, type "glxinfo". And, this most certainly does not work on a
remote X display.

NVIDIA has drivers on their website
	http://nvidia.com/view.asp?IO=linux_display_archive

ATI has a FAQ
	http://www.ati.com/support/faq/linux.html

A few boards are supported by XFree86 out of the box, see
	http://www.xfree86.org/4.2.0/DRI.html

-- Bert