[ANN] Connectors 1.2a (fixes SqueakMap install problem)

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Sat Nov 9 20:54:00 UTC 2002

On Saturday 09 November 2002 07:43 am, danielv at netvision.net.il wrote:
> I still get an install failure.
> Everything works clean when I create the icons and install
> directories manually before starting the install.
>
> The zip archive tool doesn't seem to like creating directories
> either.
>
> This is working under Linux.

Do you mean that this problem happens under linux?

If so, could you tell me the permissions and ownership of the Squeak
directory? You could do this:

$ ls -ld .
drwxrwxr-x    9 ned      ned          8192 Nov  9 12:36 .

I can't duplicate this problem on my system.

There may be a problem with the directory creation code, wherever it
lives.

Under the Mac, of course, directory creation seems totally broken; I
get files named like 'icons/whatever.gif' in the current directory.
I'll have to track down file path separator assumptions in the code,
I guess.

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com