Croquet under linux problems

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Sat Nov 9 23:15:49 UTC 2002

On Saturday 09 November 2002 01:50 pm, Bert Freudenberg wrote:
> On Sat, 9 Nov 2002, Ned Konz wrote:
> > On Saturday 09 November 2002 01:27 pm, Alan Kay wrote:
> > > It says in the documentation *not* to accept. Hit cancel
> > > instead and see what happens.
> >
> > Ah, I didn't find any documentation in the zip I downloaded. I
> > missed the original announcement/instructions and just got the
> > .zip and Bert's changes.
>
> Even my shortish description said "Cancel the URL dialog." ;-)

Must have missed that.

> And if you want to start over because something went wrong you need
> to delete the "data" directory. Shouldn't be necessary, but who
> knows ...

Well, it looks great, but unfortunately hangs my machine completely.
Whether this is the NVidia X driver or hardware, I don't know. I was
able to run for a bit and was getting about 9fps.

Oh well...

Any suggestions on a good Linux video card/driver?

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com