Croquet under linux problems

Serge Stinckwich Serge.Stinckwich at info.unicaen.fr
Sun Nov 10 11:46:37 UTC 2002

On Sun, 10 Nov 2002 01:20:51 +0100 (CET)
Bert Freudenberg <bert at isg.cs.uni-magdeburg.de> wrote:

> On Sat, 9 Nov 2002, David A. Smith wrote:
>
> > That is correct - I kept the OpenGL morph around just in case I needed to
> > perform some very simple OpenGL tests. The GLX class has changed a lot
> > recently, so it is a bit out of date. In any case, not really useful.
> >
> > There is a class that tests the OpenGL setup. Just run:
> >
> > TGraphicsTest open
> >
> > and click on the "run tests" at the top of the resulting window.
>
> Quite interesting. I get the following. At least the summary is correct.
> Maybe the expected log format should be documented somewhere ;^)
>

> Tea graphics tests starting...
>
> Looking for log file Squeak3D.log ... success
> Deleting old log file ... success
> Here is the entire log:
>
> ---- Creating new renderer ----
>

> #### Selected GLX visual #35 (depth: 24) ####
>
> #### Created GLX context ####
>
> #### Created window ####
>
> ### Renderer created! ###

For me, the tests fails ... Croquet can't create an OpenGL renderer
It's strange, because my 3D card work under Linux (an ATI Radeon M6 Mobility) : the glxinfo output is ok and i can use it to play tuxracer for example. But Croquet didn't find the card ... maybe it's related to libffi version ?
On my Debian Gnu/Linux distribution, i have libffi-2 and you use libffi-1.2

--
Serge Stinckwich                                         -< )  multiagent.com
Université de Caen>CNRS UMR 6072>GREYC>MAD                /~\  squeak.org