[Q]Automatically reoprting walkbacks(was: Re: Croquet walkback)

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Sun Nov 10 19:16:48 UTC 2002

On Sunday 10 November 2002 10:36 am, Julian Fitzell wrote:
> > eMail adress for this feature i.e a way to quickly mail a message
> > to the list without having configured celeste or even being
> > member of the list. Which are the possibilities?
>
> Funny, some of us at OOPSLA were talking about just that.  We were
> thinking that there should be such a button and if you had
> SqueakMap installed, it could try to determine which package
> contained the code that errored and email the stack info to the
> package maintainer or something. Not sure what the default action
> if you didn't have squeakmap would be...

I just posted a CS that adds a "mail bug report" button to the
notifier.

However, automatically figuring out recpients would be harder. Perhaps
the SM installers could somehow track which packages got installed?

Or maybe we could add a field to the card with the initials of the
author so we could look up email addresses...

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com