Smalltalk Jobs

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Tue Nov 12 01:11:32 UTC 2002

On Monday 11 November 2002 02:40 pm, Andrew P. Black wrote:
> Did anyone else notice the rather forlorn Booth from Progressive
> insurance in the OOPSLA exhibits hall?
>
> It turns out that they have a Smalltalk Application that runs on a
> handheld and does damage estimates for automobile crash repairs.
>
> They want to hire Smalltalk programmers.  Unfortunately, they are
> in Ohio ;-(
>
> Try http://jobs.progressive.com if you are interested.  The chap
> with whom I spoke was Aaron Moore in IT recruiting.

Though it sounds like they're throwing Smalltalk out elsewhere. From
their jobs site:

Detailed List of tasks identified: . Manage projects related to the
development and implementation of new Microsoft .net based tools to
support new .net architecture . Manage projects related to migration
of existing Smalltalk based applications over to the new Microsoft
.net architecture . Manage projects on existing Smalltalk
architecture to support current eServicing business needs until all
applications are migrated

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com