Working for Progressive (was Re: Smalltalk Jobs)

Cees de Groot cg at cdegroot.com
Tue Nov 12 07:33:23 UTC 2002

Aaron J Reichow <reic0024 at d.umn.edu> said:
>The regular perm folks stayed because
>they like the area and think lower (but stil acceptable pay) is worth
>getting to do Smalltalk rather than Java or C++ and the relatively low
>stress work environment.

Stupid bind, it is: on the one hand, you're happy to take a lower pay because
you love the language; on the other hand, you should refuse to take a lower
pay because you're so much productive than your colleagues.

What's the average pay for Smalltalkers at the moment? Higher or lower than
normal? Which of these two forces has the upper hand?

<offtopic amount="a lot">
>vv ** ** ** do not read if you're easily offended ** ** ** vv
>Being the Smalltalking hippie that I am, I thought this was cool too:
>http://www.mapinc.org/drugnews/v01/n969/a06.html
>Not to incite any flames, take that as you will, as good or bad.
>^^ ** ** ** do not read if you're easily offended ** ** ** ^^

Gee, Aaron - if people in your country are going to be *offended* by that
(rather than simply disagree), the USofA is in an even more pathetic state
than I already guessed.

Well, at least pot-smokers don't feel like bombing foreign countries all the
time (I hear some old Vietnam era protest songs, they are all fresh for
recycling...)
</offtopic>
--
Cees de Groot               http://www.cdegroot.com     <cg at cdegroot.com>