[Q]Automatically reoprting walkbacks(was: Re: Croquet walkback)

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Tue Nov 12 17:17:09 UTC 2002

On Monday 11 November 2002 05:14 pm, goran.hultgren at bluefish.se wrote:
> > Ned Konz wrote:
> > > However, automatically figuring out recpients would be harder.
> > > Perhaps the SM installers could somehow track which packages
> > > got installed?
>
> Eh. The map knows which packages are installed. And it does leave a
> little mark in the ChangeLog to keep track of it reasonably well if
> recovering images.

I was more concerned with mapping the call stack to a list of emails.
Right now, although the package info is kept around, there's no real
idea of what classes & methods are associated with a given package.

> > > Or maybe we could add a field to the card with the initials of
> > > the author so we could look up email addresses...
>
> It should be the maintainer, not the author that receives these
> things. And the maintainer can not register without an email.

Your idea of marking the change log might be useful. Perhaps a comment
or something could be added for purposes of tracking where methods
were added.

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com