Sq3.4, SM, OSProcess :)

Jimmie Houchin jhouchin at texoma.net
Tue Nov 12 21:37:29 UTC 2002

Hello,

Just upgraded to 3.4 yay!!!
Thanks Scott and everyone involved. :)

Upgrade went flawlessly on this WinXP machine.

Installed SM for first time.
(Sorry Goran. :( )

Started playing with SM. This is fun. :)

Thought I would try out OSProcess. All went well with the exception of
no Win32OSProcessPlugin.dll. :(

I have not been able to find an available Windows plugin for OSProcess.
It would be nice if apps requiring plugins, like OSProcess, had OS
appropriate plugins available as part of the SM Install process.
Maybe a configuration part in SM, what platform?, has VMMaker?, has
compiler?, etc...

Not generally a problem for me. But I have no compiler on this machine.
Many users won't, especially for Windows and Mac.

This is a part of the growing process for Squeak, SM, etc.
This is an exciting time.

Hopefully I can become a positive contributer in the near future.

If anyone knows about or has a Win32OSProcessPlugin.dll I would greatly
appreciate it.

Thanks,

Jimmie Houchin